Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Hypocrite

Maybe i am..

This morning when my friend tell me about her backpacking adventures around Europe i find myself secretly envying her. Some people are just born lucky. She is pretty. She got the brain. As soon as we graduated she quickly get a job with 5 figures salary. And she live her life like a star.

Can you blame me for being green?

Every time i heard others stories of traveling, i feel the excitement to travel. Then the typical stupid me went to purchase air tickets and hotel in advance. And then usually i bailed on 50% of the trip i planned. And when the trip goes well, being in a foreign place, strangers around me, language i do not understand, writings i cannot read, foods i do not know..could be very lonely. I often enjoy the first 2 days on the trip. After that, i started to miss home. I would miss my bed, my cat, my car, my tv, my computer, the pathway where i usually walk, the food that i everyday took. That is why i could never understand why some people could spend half of the year traveling the globe. And i'm dying to understand them. For me the perfect holiday would be to stay at home, eat, sleep, watch tv, playstation, wii nintendo, play with my cat, reading, tv, eat, and sleep until my head hurts.

My cousin used to call me an anti-social. It's because i always try to avoid meetings with people. I don't like to attend gatherings and i hate partys. I never had a birthday party thrown for me. Sad right? But don't be. I like it that way. I choose it to be like that. My mother is the opposite of me. She loves to party. Once, she even tried to throw a birthday party for me but then i managed to disappear with the cake. So, no birthday girl, no cake means no birthday party, only a party, without me. But i'm not a total party-hater. I usually go to New Year party (my fav), chirstmas, company's annual dinner (it's compulsory), and all good friends parties.

So, back to the original topic. I have another trip planned next month in end of October. This time my journey would be from Sandakan - Kuala Lumpur - Yogyakarta - Bali - Kuala Lumpur - Sandakan. I know for sure that this one gonna be a tiring trip.

After that, i have 3 more trips to go. December in Bandung, January in Jakarta and April in Manila. 2 of those 3 is strictly business.

And then, this morning i received an email from AirAsia which goes like this..Moshi Moshi Japan!





What the hell ?!!!!

!@#$%^&*!!!!!

Seriously?!!