Thursday, August 26, 2010

Malaysia vs. Indonesia, AGAIN?

Saw the news last night. Apparently those two are clashing AGAIN.
.
.
.
.
.
Very sad.
Because i have planned a trip to Jakarta this weekend.
Why we have to keep fighting?
Is it because the abuse issue?
Or is it because the culture and song issue?
Really? Is it worth it?
.
.
.
I am a Malaysian who loves Indonesia.
I loves their cultures, I loves their movies,
and I loves their beautiful places.
Every year I will make a trip to visit different parts of Indonesia.
At least once a year. Usually twice. Thought of visiting Mt. Bromo or Lake Toba next year.


This is Mt. Bromo. There is no way that I'm gonna climb that.



This is Lake Toba. This is a definite GO, GO!

In my opinion, i find that Indonesians are friendly and polite kind of people (except for the BENDERA group). Yes, truly. During my last visit in Bandung, i always find my self smiling back at strangers at sidewalks. And it's very easy to have a nice conversation with the taxi driver, or ojek driver, or sales girl, or waiter, or anyone.

I won't let small irritable childish acts like throwing poops to some country embassy, or burning some country flags, clouds my judgment. I believe that as long as there are mothers and children in that place, you can still find kindness there.

And as for the BENDERA (People’s Bastion for Democracygroup) of people, I feel sorry for them. Being the puppet of someone else, that is the saddest thing. Well, I do hope that they get paid by the puppeteer for their efforts.

So, am I still going to Jakarta this weekend despite all the warnings I received from family, friends and government? H**l yes I am! So, if I'm not back to update this blog 2 weeks from now, you can assume that I might be captured and hold hostage by the BENDERA.

Until then, wish me luck.