Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Dreamy Taiping, Sinful Penang

Today is my last day here in Penang. I will be going back to Sabah tomorrow. And i will have only 2 days rest before flying to Beijing. I told myself over and over before, that i am not cut for travelling and travelling is definitely not my passion. And yet, every time i swear not to travel again, i pack my bag and fly the next day. The truth is, i just want to get away sometimes. I'm not running. I just needed a break.




So, back to my visit to Taiping. Taiping was just as how i remembered it used to be. Old, quiet and small. And i meant that as a compliment. If i was given a choice to pick a place of where i would want to spend my old age, Taiping would be my only pick.




Why did people stop constructing building like this?


Road to the zoo.


Never once i took a bus or taxi while roaming around Taiping.
My sister and i, walk the entire time!


I mean, how are you suppose to enjoy your vacation if you don't slow down, right?


Taiping lake.

After 3 days in Taiping, i went back to Penang by bus. To reach Penang from Taiping i have to take bus at least 3 times and 1 ferry ride. Penang in my point of view, has changed so much. The last time i was here was 7 years ago. And my oh my, Penang wait for no one.


Though, one thing remain unchanged in Penang and that is it's room for gluttony. I saw a few tourists walking around the hawker center with food leaflet in their hand trying to find which is which. Words of advice, leave the paper and indulge in the moment.


Calories, what?


My last days in Penang i stayed in this new hotel and paid for the room
with sea view. So much with the sea view, huh?



But never mind the sea view. Cause the Queensbay mall is just 2 minutes away!


My new leather satchel. Kaufmann, of course. Greed has won over me.


This is a necessity. It's not greed at all. Remember i told you that my feet got blisters almost everywhere due to heavy walking in Taiping? Now that journey is over i need to reward myself with some Hush Puppies.


Anyway, i think that conclude my Taiping-Penang journey. I need to go to bed early tonight cause i have an early flight tomorrow. Cheap air tickets always associated with odd times for flying. So you get what you paid.

Can't wait to get home. Will be reunited with the new family members. Kimi's kittens. I will post pictures of them soon. So stay tuned.