Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Weekend breakaway

So, last Saturday i went to Jakarta. It was a very VERY short trip. I stayed only 1 night and flew back to Malaysia the next day. 

The main purpose of the trip is quite obvious isn't it?



I tell you, a short trip will not promise relaxation. But i can assure you that it will be QUITE a trip.



The rush begin the moment i touchdown Jakarta Airport. My first stop was Balai Kartini.



1 Phantom down, 1 Barritone and 3 Tenors to go.


The highlight of my trip, which i nearly missed. It was actually a funny story. You see, before coming to Jakarta i purposely booked a hotel which i thought within a walking distance to Il Divo's concert venue. I took a taxi to Ritz Carlton because it was already dark. It was supposed to be only 5 minutes taxi ride, and after 10 minutes the taxi still not stopping. I finally started to panic when i saw the Ritz-Carlton building slowly disappearing from my view, and we were still moving even farther away. A few kind of thoughts start playing in my mind, and i CALMLY prepared for the worst possibility. 

Then i gathered all my composure and asked the driver why aren't we going the other direction, and he replied "Because you want to go to Ritz-Carlton Pacific".

Upon hearing those words, i nodded, as if i was approving. Not a trace of emotion on my face. But my heart was jumping and shouting, relief. A tornado just passed and i dodged it.

But i still cannot believe that ME of all people, missed the very important fact that there are actually 2 Ritz-Carlton in Jakarta. I am usually very organized. Prior to visiting a place i will usually do an extensive research of the subject. I will read up to it's ice age history, no kidding.

Still, i do give thanks to God for not testing me especially on that day. Seriously, the thought of jumping out of  the moving taxi did crossed my mind, you know.


Melanconia. Roaring fires. Il Divo's signature backdrop for the song.


My travel essential. I travel light. And of course i bring panties as well.

I'm not sure what time did the show really ended because i leave the ballroom when others still shouting "We want more!". 

Why should i want more if i would see them again in Hong Kong next month?