Friday, November 23, 2012

Books books books



I'm a bit greedy when it comes to books. If i have 7 in my hands, i will read all 7 at once. No kidding here. I'm quite serious. As you can see, i have a mixed taste in books. I'm willing to give a try at everything. Vintage to graphic novel. I can take it all. Even Justin Bieber biography. Especially him.

So, first on the list is Haruki Murakami's 'What I Talk About When I Talk About Running'. As always, he leaves me gaping. Mouth wide open in awe. Ever since i read 'Norwegian Wood' i became addicted to his writings. I would have become one of his groupie if there's any to join. Seriously, he's piece is so out-of-this-world kind of awesome.

The Travels of Marco Polo - I like it that i even considered myself to travel around the world on a bicycle since i'm terrified of the ocean. But before one embark on such a great journey, one must learn how to be on bicycle first.

Eighty Days Yellow - I hate this book. I hate it. I just HATTEEEEE IT! When a book contains words such as *c@nt*, or *f@ck*, it don't deserve a place in my library. Seriously, Vina Jackson, go and read some of Haruki Murakami's book so you'll know how to describe a coitus. I'm seriously offended by this book that i didn't even bother to finish it.

The Selection - This book is quite pleasant. I finished it in one sit. There's a lot of new ideas. Like the reinstatement of the caste system. Or the United States of China, how funny is that? The only unpleasant thing about the book is that, it's not finished. There will be a sequel. And i hate sequel. So much. Cause i will definitely lose interest over time. Apparently, there's also going to be a movie about this book, which i would very much like to look forward to.

The rest of the book still unread. Will probably start tonight on Bill Bryson's 'Neither Here Nor There'.