Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2011 here i come!

I'm going back to my home town the day after tomorrow. I'm plan to drive home just 3 hours after the new year countdown. Not celebrating therefore i'm not drunk to drive. My mother will also drive an meet me halfway. So, on the 1st January 2011, we'll be having a family picnic at this place called Ranau. Ranau is the place where i have my childhood. I'm so excited to have this trip.

Just so you know, i have already bought air tickets for this trip home 2 times because i keep on revising my departure. And in the end, i thought why not drive home? Of course, 5 hours of driving and back pain will never stand up to the 30 minutes of cramped economy airplane seat. So, i told my mother rather than just sitting at home and figuring out what to do with the 364 days ahead, i say why not we visit our village called Kampung Perancangan, located in Ranau. The last time i was there, the roads still not paved and electricity just in. Well i hope the road is better this time. I certainly don't have time to send my car for wheel realignment in this time of the year.

Anyway, the best thing about this place is the river. Here, they have stony, clear and cold rivers. And we will have our picnic by the rivers. For me, i think river is better than swimming pool. Other than the river, Ranau also have a natural hot spring to offer. But hot spring is overrated. So, after the picnic, i plan to bring my family stay for a night in one of the nice resort hotel in Kundasang, which is objected by most of the family members. Why? Because home is just an hour away. But then, isn't that is the point of holiday? Taking a break? Anyway, Kundasang is located near the Mt. Kinabalu.


This is Mt. Kinabalu, photo taken from Wikipedia. You need to have enough balls to climb that. So, i think this shall be my second last post before this year end. The last post will be all about my new year resolution, which i have pre-set the posting date to 31st December 2010. Will update you on the trip after i got back from my holiday.

So, until then, Happy New Year 2011 !

See you in the future.