Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Lihing

I was cleaning my room last weekend and found this!



I have been keeping this fermented rice wine aka Lihing for almost 5 years. This rice wine was made on Jan 2007, bottled, sealed and never open even to this day. Notice the red seal is still very much intact?

Yeah, i don't have any plan to open this in anytime soon. I don't know if this is still drinkable. According to my Chinese friend, the older the wine gets, the more fragrant it became, and the better it is. The original colour of this drink was light yellow, then to amber gold, and now mine has turn to black.

This photo was taken from the manufacturer's website.

My brothers ask me if i ever going to open the bottle. And since everyone is expecting a sip, i told them that i will open the bottle on the day of my daughter's wedding day. And that shut everyone up. So, finger cross everyone.