Monday, March 12, 2012

My first sewing project

I started my first sewing project last Saturday. My first sewing machine cost me RM250. I bought online and the price already include the shipping cost. Mad cheap right? I was skeptical at first. I told myself there's no way that a sewing machine plus delivery cost only RM250. Or, maybe i misunderstood, that it was actually a toy sewing machine. But i say, what the hell, if it really is a scam then i only have to lose RM250 and a lesson to learn. So, i went for it anyway.

The package arrived the next day as the shipping was by PosLaju. The box felt very light. My heart started to race.

Look promising


It's not a toy, but does it work?


So, i finally started to sew, but not without distractions of course.

Tada! Finished in 3 hours.


I almost gave up in the middle, but i have a motivational thought that i kept on repeating to myself the entire time. It was, "Sewing machine could not be any complex than a car, so sewing should be easier than driving a car!"

The dress is not perfect as it seemed. I did quite a few mistake. And the biggest one is that i accidentally cut a hole at the finished bodice. So, that's the reason for the tulle flower pinned there. I thought about covering it with a heart shaped patch but i don't have any fabric that would provide a nice contrast to the dress colour.

I got the dress pattern from BurdaStyle. Very easy to follow. You literally just have to cut and sew.

So, my next project would be a blouse. But first, fabric shopping!