Saturday, March 24, 2012

Wicked Weekend

Last week i spend my precious weekend time flying back and forth just in pursuit of pleasure. So it was a very tiring short trip. Just like the Jakarta trip i did last month, but this one was more tiring. It was, hmmm, let me think, i started the journey on Saturday and finished it by Monday. My travel route Sandakan - Kuala Lumpur - Singapore - Kuala Lumpur - Kota Kinabalu - Hong Kong - Kota Kinabalu - Sandakan. I can't escaped the transits.


My first time in Singapore. The taxi driver was nice. Love the shadowy road to Marina Bay. Love the promenade. Love the atmosphere. 


Love the theater.


Singapore is painfully expensive. Even so, i still failed to remember the currency conversion factor the moment i touched down Singapore.


The view from my hotel room. I stayed at HarbourView Hotel in Hong Kong. Yes, the view was supposedly overlooking the Victoria Harbour, but just look at that, isn't it rather disappointing?


I took a brief walk at the promenade and checked out the golden bauhinia flower before went inside the convention center for Il Divo's concert.


This time i got a really good seat for myself. I was 6 seats away from the stage. And i was expecting a mind blowing performance and stimulating experience. But instead it was rather a disappointment for me. First, the orchestra group changed. Actually i didn't notice the orchestra until the first song started. I don't know about others but i do notice some awkward notes there, but they do get better after the first half. The conductor was the same though. And, i think the acoustic was also a bit disappointing, maybe because the area was big like a stadium. The sound system's 12 feet high speaker was right at my face and i'm still not impressed. Luckily Il Divo's performance was able to cover all the defects. Lessons learned. Next time, choose your venue carefully.


The next morning was my flight home, but before going to the airport i decided to visit Causeway Bay which was on the way. I love the Mc Donald's breakfast variations.


 
 
 
By the way, i took a stroll at Victoria Park and found out that there's a Flower Festival going on at the park! Am i just lucky or what? It was a nice stroll indeed. The air smells of beautiful flower and the sights, oh my eyes just bask at the sight of thousands colouful flower.


On the way to airport, i noticed a building covered with clouds or fogs or whatever that is. I wonder what does it feels to be at the top of that building.


And at the airport, i spent every last dime on useless stuffs. My initial intention was good. I thought of giving Mr.Sully to my niece, but then i remembered her favorite colour is pink, not blue. Besides Mr.Sully is too cute for me to let go. So in the end i decided that i'll have Mr.Sully all to myself.