Saturday, April 14, 2012

Cherry Blooming Trip part 1

Day 1

So, after a series of unfortunate events, i finally made it to Osaka in one piece. Safe and sound. It was my birthday when i set foot in Osaka. I was staying in Hotel Monterey Grasmere which is very near to the shopping district. From afar i can see the hotel name on top of the building and yet i spent at least an hour circling the same area trying to find the hotel entrance, which located at the 22nd floor.

After checked in i straight away hit the bed. I haven't had any sleep from the day before and it was very unusual of me not to sleep during the flight. The flight from KL to Osaka takes about 6 hours and i did not fall asleep once. Strange, right? And another strange thing happened after i checked in, when i'm about to dozed off the phone rang and the receptionist told me that a guy named Mr. Park was looking for me. I asked the receptionist what does the guy want and the she told me that she have no idea (of course right, she was just conveying a message). Then i told her that i've just arrived and i didn't know anybody in Osaka, and no one know that i'm in Osaka except my family. Then i let her deal with the guy herself.

I woke up at noon and start walking around the hotel area. Guided by the iphone map i arrived in Shinsaibashi. One of the longest shopping arcade i ever walked. Was is tiring? Hell, yes it was tiring. I almost thought that people could die from too much walking. Was it fun? It was so-so. It was fun in the beginning, but the more i walked the more bored i became. It's all fashion stores all the way. I think my mum can spend a week here. I didn't even finished walking the whole arcade. I turned back the moment i saw the  LV building. It was just too depressing to go further. Everyone is so fashionable. And everyone is so pretty. Even a grandma was fashionable than me. And there is no way in thousand years that i could ever complete with the mothers at Shinsaibashi.

But it was not all bad for me. I did find some stores that i like. 2 to be exact. One is the antique books shop and another is the fabric shop. Aside from old japanese books, the antique book store is also selling old paintings. This is the thing that draws me in. I could spend hours in a place like this. When i started looking at the paintings the shop owner straight away come to me and give me a chair. How convenient is that? In the end, i bought 2 woodblock paintings. I only buy things that speak to me.





One of my loot.

Day 2

The day for hanami. And also the day the North Korea expected to launch their rocket. But if i were to die today, i wont have any regret cause i have seen the sakura bloom. O, i tell you, the sight simply amazing, spectacular, magnificent, mind blowing and etc! The moment i set foot in Osaka Castle Park, i thought i've stepped in some kind of fairytale world, cause everything was in soft pink colour! Not only that the place itself is romantic but it is also drawing you to be romantic as well. I could have said "yes" to any proposal in this place. When i was here, i did saw 3 couples taking their pre-wedding photos. And never in my entire life i ever see guys so excited just as much as i am about pink flower. That's the power of sakura blooming.













More sakura trees ahead. This is just the entrance of the pinkish madness.


Day 3

I thought of visiting Hyogo or Kyoto today but i cancelled because i actually don't really care about fulfilling my itinerary. Call it lazy or rebellious, i just don't care. This was supposed to be my leisure trip. So, Kyoto can wait till next time.

So instead, i decided to visit Kinokuniya book store at Umeda. So i splurge a bit. There's nothing wrong with that right?


Part 2 of my blabbering will be posted once i go back home. Or sooner if i'm bored. Or maybe a bit late if i'm busy.