Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Hobby

Last month when i started collecting coins, my sister told me that i am just bored. She's damn right. I am a boring person and i am bored to death. The thing is that i feel empty. I don't have a hobby that i can stick to until the end. I have nothing to show or post on my Facebook wall. I tried collecting stamps but lost all my stamps in 1990. Then, i tried to play guitar but i quit before i even know all the chords. Now, i start to read books. Not in a hobby manner but more like an obsession. To my understanding, a hobby is something that you do in your leisure time, right? But now the books are more like drugs to me. I can't stop thinking about the book ending, which is why I'm so eager to quickly flap the pages. So what did i do during my leisure time? I guess that would be the question my therapist is going to ask me. Only if i had one. If i had my own therapist i wouldn't be having this blog. So, back to the question, what have i done in my free time? Err..sleep? Yes, i sleep most of the time. Or i wouldn't called it sleep but resting. But there is no such thing as resting is a hobby. Because hobby is a doing 'something' thing. And resting is the opposite of that. I wish i could be like the Penelope girl (played by Rachel Weisz) from the Bloom Brothers movies. Her hobby is collecting hobbies. So she end up becoming expert in almost anything. How cool is that?

So, just to give update on my new found hobby, which is reading (currently) by the way, I'm having a marathon tonight, with the Immortal series by Alyson Noel.