Sunday, November 7, 2010

My song, our song

Everybody has their own song. Be it is a song about love or about a heart break or about life or about anything at all. As long as the lyrics sing what is in your heart, it is your song. One's song does not faded away with time. Nor it will not grow old. As you will never be tired of it. Maybe it was nearly a decade when you last hear it, but every time it caught you unexpectedly played on the stereo when you driving home, or when you're in the mall, or anywhere at all, you'll take a pause to listen it. It's a special song that it can bring back the very same feeling as you have had when you listen to it years back.

So to speak, i also have my own songs. Three songs to be exact. Each at different stages in my life. The first of course, was when i had my first crush. It's an important part of my life okay? It was when i first had feeling towards the opposite sex. But the the crush did not bring me anywhere as i was a coward to be on a date with him. He did ask but i turned it down even if i'm dying to say yes, just because i'm too shy. Silly me. I wish he'd be a little more persistence back then, because if he did, he might just be my first boyfriend. So every now and then, when i heard Joy Enriquez's song i cannot help but wonder, what if.




Love of a lifetime would be my second song. It's a song that reminded me of my first boyfriend. He declared that this should be our song. But the relationship did not last long. Though the song says a lifetime, what's an irony. Still, it is special to me. I don't want to elaborate further on my first relationship because it's sensitive and private to me. So let it go.



This Kenny Rogers' song titled She Believes In Me is what Mr. Current Boyfriend declared as our song. It first echoed to my ear when it sang by a guy with piano at a hotel bar while we're having our dinner. So he instantly decided at that very moment that it should be our song. I guess that was the time when he is beginning to fall in love with me. Can't blame him for that. But to me, i rather keep this song in the KIV box. He'd be furious if he know that i wasn't keen enough of this song.


But then, every song is replaceable. Just like the one spot in your heart where it's made for your other half to stay. Doesn't matter whether you are still on the search or have settled with the one you claimed to be the one. It is it's nature to come and go. But only the special one will leave a song for you to reminisce.