Saturday, January 22, 2011

Astrology

When it comes to horoscope reading i would much prefer the chinese astrology rather than the western astrology. I'm not Chinese and don't get me wrong. I used to get my daily horoscope forecast based on the sun and moon astrology, but after i read my chinese astrology forecast, i can't seem to get back to my old way. I think the main reason why i switched, is that the chinese astrology seems to give better and interesting ideas. Let me show you what i mean by that. Here are my horoscope forecast for this month.


Aries (Western Astrology)

"Focus on building your reputation and furthering your career this month. You will have a lot of help with the Sun, Mercury, Mars, and Pluto traveling through Capricorn and your career sector. You will have to resist the urge to be impatient and skip important steps. Also, a New Moon Eclipse in Capricorn will help you develop patience, common sense, and practicality over the next few months. Venus will move to Sagittarius on January 7, making love and sex exciting and satisfying. Plan for the future during the first half of the month, and pursue educational and communication goals."


Rooster (Chinese Astrology)

"You are unfortunately plagued with ill health and low resistance this month. Falling sick will put you out of action at a time when you really want to be out and about. You are also at risk of injury from accidents. Take extra care of yourself. It is a good idea to go easy on the partying. Watch your health because when the illness star hits, something superficial can develop into something serious very quickly. Roosters who are expectant mothers should be especially careful this month, and avoid staying in the West sector. The Metal energy of a precious metal such as gold will help exhaust the malicious Earth energies of the month."


Do you see what i mean? For me i'm more interested in knowing the negatives than the positives. I need to know what bad is coming my way so i can plan ahead on how to deal with it or even dodge it.


Knowing the nature of misfortune, whether it is related to illness or accident, betrayal or plain bad luck, helps you cope when the misfortune does occur ~ Lilian Too


As an Aries i always know that i could be optimistic and independent, but i never realize that as a Rooster i can also be abrasive and aggressive. And this are rude behaviors. Well, you know how rooster can be. Shall i say cocky?


Just as the western astrology, chinese astrology also talk about sign compatibility. But unlike the western, chinese astrology will explain the result. It's pretty much straightforward actually. Because what ever year your are born, the animal that rule the year will have profound influence on your personality. For me, the best place to see how the animal sign affect our personality is at the office. So, instead of asking everybody what is their birthday, i just need to know how old are they. My boss is an Ox sign, and i also have 2 colleagues under the Ox sign, which i'm very grateful because Rooster and Ox are always great pals. There are also Dragon, Horse, Dog, Rat and Sheep in my office. Dragon bring me luck and also my secret friend. Horse is not compatible with me this year. It was advised that we are better apart than together, which is a shame because he's enjoyable to be with. Dog is supportive and caring, but this year there will be a divide that create distance thus lead the relationship to grow into awkward silences and uneasy interactions. Why? Mainly because Dog will be riding high and Rooster will be to distracted to compliment and rejoice. Rat and Rooster can find happiness only when Rooster is allowed to take the lead, so i don't have any problem with this colleague of mine. Sheep can only have superficial friendship with Rooster. Remember last time i told you about this friend of mine who conned my money? Well, the Sheep is her. The fengshui warned me, but i didn't listened, and look where it got me.


Another place where you can see how each of the animal sign personality works, is in the family. I have a brother under the Rabbit sign. Rabbit and Rooster are suppose to be natural enemy. But of course, i don't hate my brother and he to me. It's just that nothing would go well if we work together. I'm the anxious type while he is the laid back type. Just like the fengshui described our personality, Rabbit signifies the rising sun while the Rooster rules the setting sun. One is naturally optimistic while the other tends to be pessimistic. Rabbit symbolizes Spring when growth energy is vibrant. Rooster personifies the sober pragmatism of Fall, the season when one gets ready for Winter. Even our elements are also combative. So, the best i can do is to support him in what ever he need to do to success and don't interfere. Seems easy right? Well it's not if you're a Rooster.

So, do you know what is your chinese animal sign? Better find out now.