Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Execution of Plan B

So last week, i was suppose to be in Philippines, but i didn't (stupid me!) because of the volcano scare. Again, stupid me! And guess what? It didn't erupt! I know it's a good thing that it didn't erupt. And of course i don't want the volcano to erupt.

I'm not mad because the volcano didn't erupt. I'm mad because i choose to listen to others instead of my own guts. Stupid me!

You know, when i checked the Smashinglists.com 10 Most Dangerous Active Volcanoes on Earth, the Taal volcano is at no. 9. So i thought, if i can escaped the Merapi volcano that was listed as no. 6, i'm sure no.9 is not that intimidating. But like the old and wise man saying,

WORDS ARE SHAPER THAN THE SHARPEST SWORD

No matter how stubborn i am, or how hard my head is, or how i said that i don't care what others says, i cannot not listen. Because i'm not deaf and i cannot filter words that went in to my ears. So in the end, i yielded.

Lets stop talking about volcano. The thought of volcano makes the sky look grey. Anyway, so instead of going to Philippines, i went home to Tamparuli. I spend almost 1 week by just staying at home and playing with my nieces and nephew. Initially, i have planned either to go on islands hopping or duty free shopping at Labuan. But then i cancelled when my mum was busy opening a new clothing boutique. No fun going alone. Then i planned again to go to a much nearer place. This time is a zoo. But then again, it got cancelled because it was raining whole day. You should see the look on my my niece face when i say CANCEL at that time. It was a deadly glare. And i thought words are shaper than sword.

Labour day celebration on May 1st is a success for me because on that day i just sit at home and do nothing. Anyway, here are the photos i took when i have nothing to do. For me, this are the faces of home and love.

Group photos!

Cherry's birthday. Birthdays are fun when it involves kids.


Cherry and sister. Kids nowadays love to pose for camera.

Cherry and her chocolate.

Remember Arthur? Seriously, this is the kid that loves to pose the most.
Every time i lift my camera, he'll stop whatever he's doing (even crying!)
and he'll stay still, put up the serious face and that means he's ready for camera.

Arthur and mum. Not my mum. His mum.

Shirlen? Cheryln? Can't remember her name. Bad aunt.
We called her "the cry baby" because she cry 98% of the time.
So, the 2nd photos where i got her laughing is indeed precious.

Cherry's classic poses.

Arthur.

To have a grandpa is a blessing.

The beauty (male).

The Beast (female).

The cock. He's a member of the family. Even the cats
are eating from their own bowl, but this fella is eating
from my brother's palm. Which only makes me want
to eat this fella more.

To think of it, i realized that the fact that i was seldom home is the reason why i enjoy so much by just being at home and doing nothing. You see, i went to a boarding school when i was 13 for 5 years, after that i continued study for 1 year in Penang to get certificate, then i went to Perak for 4 years to get a degree. Then i went back to my hometown hoping to get a job. Then after months of job hunting, i finally settled for a job that was 350 miles away from home. After 2 years, i quited and accepted a new job that was a bit closer to home, 208 miles.

And it has been 208 miles for 5 years. Now that i have bought a house here, i see the 208 miles is just 30 minutes flight. Which 30 minutes flight is equal to 1 episode of How I Met Your Mother series. But it'll get better over time. I know it will.