Saturday, July 30, 2011

Fine Dining

I am so hooked with Masterchef Australia.

You know, my previous boss once told me that while he was studying in Perth, they used to held a cooking competition between faculties. And he said to me, the best cook is a surgeon and the worst cook is a lawyer. Huh, that proved him wrong. The winner of Masterchef Australia is a sure thing lawyer. And i can even say that most of the contestant is a lawyer. Claire, Peter and coming to be is Sharnee.

I never really like cooking. When i think of cooking, all i can see is the dirty dishes and kitchen mess. I eat take outs a lot. Yeah, you can even use your 10 fingers to calculate how many times i used my kitchen in a month. Depending on the mood. Sometimes zero usage in a month. And i'm not proud of that.

Even so, i still want the best kitchen in town. I have set aside a certain amount of money just for kitchen in my new house. I expect to move in to my new house next year. And i can't wait to cook in my new kitchen. Watching the Masterchef shows has inspired me to start cooking. Really. Yeah. No kidding.

I once saw in this food show, a man said that, "Each meals is to be earned". I think that it has a very profound meaning. From my understanding, you won't appreciate the food if you haven't practically starved. Which i think it's true, because when i'm hungry you shoved what ever to my mouth, i will say it's heavenly made.

So my point is, don't waste another meal time by eating crap food. We should honour and respect our own body. Go and get yourself a nice meal. If you cannot afford it, then cook it. After all, we've earned it.

So guys, let's start cooking.