Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas and me

I was about to doze off just now when the calendar caught my eyes. Then it hit me. Christmas is actually on this Sunday. Which means Christmas is at the end of this week. And that is 2, err..no, 1 day from today. Yikes. Christmas is on the day after tomorrow!!!

I guess that explained the conversation i had with the cleaning lady this morning. And i thought she was just being weird.

But when i think about it, it is actually weird. I'm the only 'Christian' in the entire office, yet i'm always the one who stayed behind on Christmas. Not weird enough? How about the fact that every year without failing, my office will be decorated with glittering ornaments, blinking lights and Christmas tree with fake presents beneath, for the entire month of December? And not once i helped with the decoration. But maybe that's the thing with Christmas. It makes people happy and merry. Heck, even my office is merrier than my house.

As for me, just like last year, i'm gonna make a pass on Christmas. I'm not gonna use the "not in the mood for Christmas" excuse, cause that's just lame. The mood is always there. It just need to be stirred by something.

Mine is an entirely different case. The fire is dead. It's too late that it can't be saved anymore.

Soon, we'll be like strangers, Christmas and me.