Thursday, December 15, 2011

Shedding the Extra Project # Week 7

I have been so busy lately, thus the delay in my updates. I finished all my works this morning and quickly handed it to my boss for checking. As usual, he didn't comment anything (yet). But most of the time i've done a good job, i think. So, well done to me. Heh, i'm praising my own self. Openly, in a broad day light. You know what? I'm not ashamed because i truly deserved it.

Last Saturday my boss called me to his office and asked me to do a construction work programme for a new upcoming project. He just gave me 1 page of the Development Plan and said, "Do it in Microsoft Project and i need it next Friday". The thing about work programme is that it has to cover everything, from land acquisition to testing and commissioning, you can not miss a thing, not even a nail. And timing is the most crucial part, it's like deciding which wire to cut to detonate the bomb. I have to lay down a step by step transformation plan of a deserted place until it become the next hangouts. So, me and a work programme? Nah, i didn't even blink. I am perfectly capable delivering a good work programme in Excel format. But i never tried to build a work programme from scratch using Microsoft Project before. But then, when my boss said "jump", i jumped.

After that i returned to my seat, and the first thing i did was, google "how to use microsoft project". And this morning, a fine Thursday morning indeed, i put on my 'tsk' face and marched to my boss office, carefully placed on his desk the 12 pages of A3 size proposed construction work programme for our next project. Give me a handful of coal and i'll give you back a diamond. Heh..this is me smirking. For now.

Back to business. Let's talk about serious stuff now. Like the update of week #7 maybe. Ahemm. Excuse me for a second. Let me put on my court robe first. I'm gonna pretend i didn't the wig, of course. Whose side i'm on you say? Today i'm a defense attorney. My client is accused of treachery for taking her vocation lightly. On what ground? Based on the fact that she only managed to lose 1.8 lbs last week.

There's nothing wrong with just 1.8 lbs, i tell you. It's plural enough to me. And if that still doesn't convince the judge, i can always challenge the competency of the measuring device.

I know the goal is to lose 1 kilo per week. That equal to 2.2 lbs per week. So, i'm still short of 4 lbs. 4 lbs could easily weigh like 2 cups of water. Since water is denser than fat, you should see that now the 2 cups are not enough to contain 4 lbs of body fat. It should be overflowing in a gross kind of way.

In the end, it all come down on how to get rid of the 4 lbs. Using the magic formula 1 lb = 3500 calories (and you thought Einstein's e=mc2 was the champion),

4 lbs = 14,000 calories = 24 hours running on treadmill

Isn't that absurd? Even a stallion could die from the run. You understand now right? Did that gained me your favour?

Anyway, sheesshh now.

All rise.

The court now is in session.