Thursday, December 29, 2011

Shedding the Extra Project # Week 9

I was delaying the update on purpose. And this morning while taking my bath, i even tried to brainstorm excuses but couldn't find anything useful. I thought of using the "Christmas is the time to be merry" bluff but that just sound pathetic.

In the end i give up whatever resorts. I'm fooling nobody but myself, right? The reason why i have been dreading the weighing was because last week i have been doing nothing but eating recklessly. Eat and sleep, that's all i have done. Especially on Christmas day itself. It's like Sloth and Gluttony found their way to each other heart. Yeah, it was that bad. I felt dirty myself.

So this morning i was preparing for the worst. I took out the scale, removed all my clothing, and get on the small circular glass plate. Numbers start to run fast, back and forth, slowing down, stabilizing, stop a sec, flashed 3 times, and then nothing moves. It's final. No matter how many time i get up and down the scale, the outcome still the same. My usual would be 3 times. Just to be sure, you know.

Okay, back to the result. My first reaction was "huh". Despite all last week's eating, i actually still manage to lose 1.4 lbs.

Weird right? Smell something? A fish may be. So i listed all the things that could go wrong. 1) The scale must be broken. 2) My body is slow to process the fat. 3) The 'effect' would only be visible next week. Drat, that's my time of the month. 4) I was still dreaming when i do the weighing, thus the error.

The conclusion is, i cannot rest easy. I had to be skeptical so i won't be fooled.

Since this is the last update of this year, the project would be summarized as follows;
Total loss week # 9 = 1.4 lbs
Accum. loss up to date = 23.4 lbs
Time spent = 9 weeks

Next update due next year.