Thursday, April 14, 2011

The after party

So, i'm officially 30 years old now. And i, surprisingly, feels great! Really. Yeah, i don't know. Maybe i am. But i'm definitely okay being 30 now. I have made peace with my 30 years old self. No more panicking in the middle of the night. No more long useless deep thoughts. I mean i survived the storm. After the clock strike midnight, my car didn't turned into a pumpkin, my cat didn't became a rat, and i'm still me. And still here.

I have a feeling that as time goes by, it will get easier handling birthdays. When my friends wish me happy birthday and said "oh, you're 30 and you're old now", i just replied, "yeah, i feel great and fabulous. It's like the world is at my feet". I flaunt those lines real hard that it almost knock they off their feet. You should see their faces. What? It's just what i felt. Don't blame me for trying so hard. And besides, it's my birthday so i'm allowed to do what ever i want.

My friends are the best. Even though they launched a search party in my hair, for an evidence to prove that i'm genuinely 30, which they succeeded by the way, they still make me feel better. I guess that is what friends are for right? They make everything looks better. You just have to allowed them to do that for you. A strand or two of grey hair doesn't make me a grandma. It's in fact a symbol of wisdom and knowledge. So you should be proud to have a few of those. Or you can start putting more iron in your diet.

And hey, there's one thing i learned from my birthday, that family may forget your birthday but friends, never will they missed it. It's a realization actually. So, that'll give you one reason to treasure your friends. I can give you thousands. But maybe another time.

Salut.