Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Plan B

I was happy as a bird this morning until...now that doesn't sound right isn't it? Shouldn't it be a lark instead? Happy as a clam? Happy as a child? Doesn't matter. I was feeling like a bird and it was my own thoughts anyway. So let us continue, i was feeling happy as a bird flying freely in the morning sun until my friend told me that the Taal Volcano in Philippines is expected to erupt in anytime soon.

:(

I'm going to Philippines next week. I was so excited about this trip and i have been talking to everyone around me about it for a month. I even prepared a very detailed itinerary for this trip. So can you imagine how devastated i was when i heard the news?

Truthfully, i was feeling a bit stressed out at work recently. That's why i was looking the trip to Philippines as my salvation. I needed a getaway. That's my oasis in the 365 days. If it were riots or terrorists issue, i still can gamble with that. But this is the wrath of mother nature we're talking about. How am i suppose to throw my dice on this?

According to the news, the Philippines government has started the evacuation process and stopped tourists from visiting. I never plan to visit this volcano but it worried me because the volcano is just 31 miles from Manila, which would be the place where i'm staying. Don't tell me that i'm looking at my death ticket. It just sound bad, but it not necessarily look bad right?

The picturesque Taal Volcano & Lake

Fun facts or rather frustrating facts about this volcano, that it has erupted 30 times since 16th century. The last eruption was in 1977. It's famous and greatest eruption was in 1754 which lasted for 200 days! From May 15th until December 1st. It's literally half a year! Without a doubt, this is indeed a scary volcano.

So, i realized that i needed to have a Plan B. I know for sure that the payment for hotel which i had paid earlier would be burnt. At first, i thought of flying to West Malaysia and board on a bus/train to Thailand. But then i thought that i would be a great waste if i spend my precious 1 week holiday by just wandering around Hat Yai, when Malaysia have so much more to offer. For instance, if you are the shopping type obviously you'd fit in KL, or if you prefer more relaxing holiday, a beach maybe, there's Langkawi Island. Any food lover will find Penang is the place to die for. Or if you're like challenges there's the Mt. Kinabalu to climb, or Padas River for rafting and i could go on until tomorrow but time is not in our favor.

But i personally loves Taiping. I've only been there twice yet i always dreaming of returning. I love the zoo, i love the park, i love the weather, i love the coffee shop, and i love almost everything about Taiping. Therefore, if i had to cancel my trip to Philippines i won't feel that bad cause finally i got a reason to go back to Taiping.


But for now, i think i need to put Taiping on hold. Cause i just remember that i actually got a lot of errand that i need to do. So i want to use this god given opportunity to get all the works done since i can't cancel my leave now.

Still frustrated.

Still hoping that the Taal Volcano wont erupt.

Tsk, what a ridiculous hope. Of course the volcano is going to, that's what volcano are for.

Anyway, i just had to believe what Alexander Graham Bell once said,

"When one door closes, another opens"